Wednesday 15 February 2017

CUTplorations Mini Release Blog Hop

Hello Crafty Friends!

STAMPlorations are releasing some fabulous CUTplorations edge/border dies today, and they are celebrating in style with a MINI Release Blog Hop. Here are the tree and edge beauties ...


... and here is what I made of them working mainly with white Centura Pearl card for a subtle shimmer ...


First up is the Stitched Spring Landscape die which was cut from plain white card. I then added some texture using the medium sizes tree from the Tree Silhouetttes set and pigment inks (Mantis Green, Soft Pink and Gold Shimmer Pearlescent and Evergreen Metallic Artiste pigment inks). I made sure not to ink up the tree trunks as I wanted to randomly stamp the canopy using the generational stamping technique.
I added two scored lines to my pearlescent base card, attached the Spring Landscape, inlaid the window, added a die-cut 'New' from the New Year Phrase Die, stamped the 'home' from the Sentiment Builders: Christmas & New Year set and finished off with a few sequins.


Next up is the Stitched Winter Landscape die which I combined with the Stitched Snow Hills and the Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies to create this Winter Wonderland Shaker card. It's a little tricky, but well worth it. I cut a piece of pearlescent card exactly the same size as my frame, I did use the nesting die for this, and a base card fitting the exact same size for which I used my paper trimmer. It is important to get the correct measurements for your base card at this point as it will help you when assembling the landscape.

From my large stitched rectangle, I first die-cut the Winter Landscape and put it to one side, Next I die-cut the left hill before die-cutting the last hill using dies from the Stitched Snow Hills set making sure to keep the corresponding pieces together along the way.

I then started assembling the landscape from the top down (pretty much in reverse order in which they were cut) starting with the sky piece which was quickly and easily aligned with the top of my base card. Next I sponged a little blue into the sky.

To help me add the hills, I placed the Winter Landscape at the bottom and glued the pieces including the window on the right hand side in place. I removed the landscape and added some sponging. I repeated this process for the second hill before gluing the Winter Landscape into place, adding some white Flower Soft and attaching the shaker front into place.

TIP!: When cutting the Stitched Winter Landscape, place your die slightly in from the edge for the trees to be seen within the frame. It is just a simple snip to fully trim the landscape off.


Last but not least is my card using one of the Lacy Edges And Borders dies in combination with the Clustered Hearts die and the medium Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies plus a little sentiment from A Snarky Birthday To You.

From my stitched rectangle, I started cutting the red edge first, edged with red and put the piece to one side. I rotated my die, cut and edged the orange edge and put to one side. I continued like this until all the edges were cut. I die-cut the hearts from red and white pearlescent card, assembled everything on a matching rectangle for ease, stamped the sentiment and layered on my base card to finish.

Phew! There are a few die-cutting ideas here, and I am sure my teamies will add to them. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to check out the projects my teamies created and of course to join the hop.




Commenting closes Tuesday, 21st February and there'll be two winners, randomly drawn from the STAMPlorations and participating designers' blogs. One will win a $15 gift certificate and the other one will win her choice of either Lacy Edges or Winter & Spring Stitched Landscape dies.

The winners will be announced in the February Challenges and Blog Hop Winners Post on 10th March on the STAMPlorations Blog. Feel free to subscribe to their blog for updates on challenges, blog hops and of course winners too.

That's it from me for now. I shall be back later with a fun Spotlight Tutorial making even more good use of the Lacy Edges And Borders Dies.

See you then!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used from the STAMPlorations Shop, remember to apply my personal discount code STAMPGIRLMONIKA (not case sensitive) at check out for a 20% discount on their stamps, stencils and dies:
CUTplorations Dies: Stitched Spring LandscapeStitched Winter LandscapeLacy Edges And Borders,
Stitched Snow HillsNew Year Word DieClustered Hearts, Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies
CUTplorationsStitchedSnowHillsdies-previewpreview-ClusteredHearts-CUTplorationspreview-CrazyDoubleRunningStitches-Rectangle
STAMPlorations Stamps: VIGNETTE Tree SilhouettesSentiment Builders: Christmas & New YearA Snarky Birthday To You
stmp1032.jpeg stmp1074.jpeg preview-ASnarkyBirthdaytoYou-BigGrins

25 comments:

  1. WOW!! beautiful cards Monika..Love all of them... so unique ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The winter card is fantastic.
    Love the rays coming from the heart.
    All are so pretty.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous dies and fabulous work... that pale blue creation is breathtaking!
    Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.. you winter landscape is awesome and the birthday card is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a creative and fun way to use the new borders and edge dies. All so different and all wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful creations!! Love the new dies and how you've used them
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow you have certainly shown us some very different and fun ways of using these dies. LOVE the winter wonderland scene Brrrrr:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all 3 of your card designs Monika. Your cards are filled with inspiring ideas. TFS Hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such fantastic cards! I love them all, each with its own flair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful creations! I really love that pretty snow scene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! I love the way you used the edge dies with hearts for a really beautiful effect. Your designs are so creative and colorful

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Gosh, all are just awesome, so clever, and love the different technique!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful cards. Love the Stitched Winter Landscape Card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful cards using these dies.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow! Awesome cards!!! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous cards. Great techniques here. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards. Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are so beautiful. LOVE each scene.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous! Love the detail on the winter landscape card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are fabulous! Love the winter scene. And I really love how you created the ray of light with the new die in colors of the rainbow. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very detailed cards! Of course your shaker is awesome... i bet it is incredible in real life! That pearly card is just a beauty and I think you could add all kinds of sentiments to it (or leave it blank).

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow, amazing cards, your colours are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. All so different and so lovely. I can't choose between.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super inspiration for using this die set. Thanks.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooh amazing cards! Love them all! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX