Sunday 3 July 2016

Stencil Sunday

... and joining STAMPlorations' Mixed Media Team

Hi All,

today I want to invite you to come with me on a new adventure journey ... discovering Mixed Media.

Today's Stencil Sunday is also the start of July's Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations, and my DT piece is an altered puzzle framed mirror .....


The individual pieces were given a coat of stone coloured emulsion paint left over from decorating. I then used the ARTplorations Weathered Wood Stencil and Crumb Cake ink to create my base pattern before adding some dimension with texture paste and the ARTplorations Leaf Prints Stencil. Once dry, I sanded the leaves a little and added some colour and a few stenciled leaves. Using Basic Grey ink I stamped a few flowers and edging using stamps from the Bloom Factory and Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds sets ....


To finish off I added some shaped leaves which I attached with decoupage gel glue to help keep the shape and dimension and some coloured and fuzzy cut blooms.

Here is a little close-up of the textured, stenciled and shaped leaves ....


If you wonder how I made the leaves, have a look at my short video below. The basic steps are the same, but I used pale green coloured card instead of white to start which meant there was no need to use the Promarker.


I hope you feel inspired to create something different .... why not link it up with the Mixed Media Challenge over at STAMPlorations. The theme is always Anything Mixed Media Goes except cards which means projects such as tags, ATCs, canvases, layouts, art journal pages etc,are perfect for entering, and you must have used at least one stencil (any brand) in your project. The challenge will close at the end of the month. You can find the full challenge details plus more Mixed Media inspiration here on the STAMPlorations Blog.


That's it from me for now. I shall leave you with one last look at the mirror ...


Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
ARTplorations Stencils: Weathered Wood and Leaf Prints, Bloom Factory and Mini Mixed Media Backgrounds stamp sets
preview-web-stencil-047-WeatheredWood preview-web-stencil-001-leaves-large.jpeg BloomFactory-web-preview stmp1004-a.jpeg

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously COOL! and WHEREVER did you find a puzzle piece mirror frame?! (Cuz I NEED one! Smile) Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX