Monday 14 December 2015

Dreaming Big

Hi All!

It's Inspiration Time again over at the STAMPlorations Blog ... and I almost forgot to get my project done. Guessing indulging in Gluehwein at Liverpool's Christmas Market didn't help. LOL

Last night, when to my horror I finally remembered, I had to clear the desk and put an idea I had onto card. Here it is ...


I kept on seeing these loopy, bendy, springy things that were once quite fashionable gadgets and whose name elopes me, sitting in a semi circle on a desk ... I wondered how this could be translated into a card ... it had to be either different colours or generational stamping. A full semi circle was going to be too much so I decided to use a colour I could easily get a few generations of stamping with and simply create movement the eye could 'finish off'.

Out came the Hope Blooms set, post it note for masking, white base card, Concord Crush ink and off I went. Simply stamped, the card has still a lot of interest to keep the eye engaged, yet I wondered what it might look like with a few embellishments ...


Next up is a card I made using up a few bits I found when rooting through my 'keep for another time box' ...


... the negative of a flourish cut from Centura pearl card and a red embossed butterfly from the VIGNETTE:Artful Flutters set. The sentiment is from Hope Blooms, otherwise it's been fuzzy cutting, layering and doodling plus a few sequins.

I am entering my first card at:
Less is More - one layer and 'What's in my stocking?' - Well this year I'm hoping, it's the fulfillment of a big dream, one Nick and I've had for over 14 years, ... too big to fit a stocking. The foundations have been laid, and it will happen next year. I am hoping to reveal all on Christmas Eve.
Allsorts - Golden Days, a big dream becoming reality
Addicted to CAS - Joy, dreaming big creates feelings of joy and joyful anticipation

That's it from me for now. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog for more inspiration, If you like CASEing one ore more of the inspiration projects, please link them up in the Playground, we love to see your makes.

Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

here is what I used:
preview-SRD-HopeBlooms copy stmp1035.jpeg
Concord Crush ink - Stampin'Up!
flourish cutting die - Britannia Dies

13 comments:

  1. Nice generational stamping! Your second card is gorgeous! Those negative diecuts just highlight the beautiful butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of your cards are so pretty! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fell in love with cards. They are simple yet so appealing and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB makes - hope your dream comes true this Christmas

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome cards love them. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting link to "What's in my stocking" Monika... I hope your dream comes true!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh! Intrigued by your dreams Monika and a clever take on our stocking challenge!
    thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful creation! Thank you for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful clean cards. Thanks so much for sharing your creation in the Sisters of Craft Facebook group. Creative Blessings, Tracy x SOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting - a Christmas Eve announcement - and a super card!
    Thank you so much for joining us this week.
    Merry Christmas!
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your take on the 'slinky' toy, Monika! Here's to dreams coming true :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card for our challenge, can't wait to hear the announcement!
    So sorry for the late visit!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX