Monday 23 November 2015

Getting Creative

Hi All,

Hope you had a lovely weekend with lots of crafting time. I had Happy Mail on Saturday and decided to put my new toys to good use.

I had this plain, shiny light turquoise pvc cover for my new mobile phone which I always intended to decorate using the Distressed Floral Swirls. For some reason I never did ... until yesterday that is.

Gone was the idea of using the floral swirls, it was more like ... True North, here we come!




Given that my phone case was going to b handled quite a lot, I wanted it to have a look that would 'age' well. It needed to withstand scuffs and worn edges.

I ended up using Jet Black and Hydrangea Archival ink for my stamping. Initially I thought of using StazOn, but my black must have dried up as it didn't stamp at all. This turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the archival black is based on blue which made it blend in well with my cover. It can best be seen on the stenciled birds, where it looks as if they were stenciled using a dark blue ink.

To start I stamped my lighthouse and added a base and a little bit of script using stamps from the Mixed Media Elements set. I then stenciled the birds (ARTplorations stencil: Some Birds) and sentiment in black. I then added the border using a stamp from the Mixed Media Grunge set and 2nd generation stamping with black archival before adding some colour detail with warm grey, tulip yellow and cornflower alcohol markers. Next I added some more border stamping and sentiments (True North) using my Hydrangea archival ink. To finish I added a few sequins and the stamped detail (Mixed Media Elements) on the clasp.

The ideas in my cover could easily be transferred to a card. As it is Inspiration Time over on the STAMPlorations Blog, I'm hoping that my project inspires you to maybe try something different. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Please share your CASEd project with us in the CASE Playground over at the STAMPlorations Blog.

Back soon. Have a lovely day!

hugs
Monika xxx

sets I used, links are in the above text
SheryRuss_TrueNorth-preview SheryRuss_MixedMediaElements MixedMediaElements-preview.jpeg preview-web-stencil-037-somebirds

6 comments:

  1. What a great project! Bet it will give you lots of pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation and the colours and design are just fabulous..xx
    { aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I think this is your most creative project yet, Monika! And my favorite of all (that is, until you come up with another one to top this off!). I LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative project ! The bird stencil goes perfect with this stamps :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX