Thursday 9 July 2015

Playing with Brushos


Hi Everyone.
Today I am back with another Spotlight Feature over at the STAMPlorations Blog. My head was quite busy with lots of ideas, that's why I decided to keep things easy by creating some Brusho backgrounds and combining them with stamps from the The Birds And The Blooms, STAMPlorations' current Stamp Club set. Sometimes this can be a good way to clear your mind and ground your ideas.

As I am relatively new to using Brushos I thought it would be great to share my progress. The first time I used Brushos, I simply sprinkled them on damp card. This time 'round I sprinkled first and then spritzed with water ...

First up is a card using the daffodils and the black hooded oriole from the The Birds and The Blooms set ...


Just to recap: Generally speaking for the background, pick the Brusho colours you want to work with and sprinkle a little on a piece of white card, spritz with water and allow to dry. I made my two backgrounds together and tiny particles of turquoise ended up on my Brilliant Red/Cardinal background adding a little more interest.
I decided I wanted to add a little something and spritzed with gold Artiste ink too after the Brusho splatters had dried of course. Once dry I stamped the daffodils in matching red and the oriole in black before colouring my bird with Promarkers. To finish off I stamped my sentiment, layered on my base card and added some tiny pearls.

I am entering my card at:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Make your Mark
Time Out - Nature with an optional twist of animals
Inkspirational - Grunge

My next card is even easier to make.


 I created my background as above using Turquoise and Ultra Marine. Again I spritzed with gold. This time I wanted to do something a little different and simply stamped the cardinal on a die cut square. The cardinal, like all the other stamps in the set, is so beautifully drawn, it can very well hold the space and be the center piece without needing to be coloured. I layered everything up as seen and finished  by adding some twine and a charm.

TIP!: With Brushos you never quite know what your background will look like. Make several and use the one that best fits the stamps you want to work with. Leave the others for another time or to be altered and added to.

As always there is a craft along video for you featuring how I used the Brushos and how I made the first of my cards.


That's it from me for today. Here is another quick look at the finished cards.


Hope you feel inspired trying out and playing with a different medium, I would love to see what you come up with. Pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to link up any of your CASEd cards, to check out other Spotlight Features, all of which are tutorials introducing new and re-visiting favourite techniques. Feel free to leave a comment to be entered in our monthly prize draw.
I shall be back again tomorrow with a project featuring the yellow background from my video. Until then ...
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

thebirdsandtheblooms-web-preview 

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us for our 300th challenge at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun bg - I love my Brushos - Thanks for joining in at JUGS300!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic Monika! I really want to try brusho out - stunning results! Such beautiful cards! Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah-mazing :) these cards are so artsy and beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful backgrounds and the bird stamps are gorgeous. And love the square die with the little lines around it. So excited to see you at both ATSM and TIME OUT!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great grunge background for the birds! Great how you stamped the bird on top of that on the first. Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards! I'm in love with this ink smooshing! So bright! Thank you for joining us at ATSM.
    Olesya DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards. Love how you've created the background. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX