Tuesday 10 March 2015

ARTplorations Stencils Blog Hop Day 3


Hi All! Welcome to Day 3 of the ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop where we, the STAMPlorations Girls, put stencils through their paces.
Today is less bright and daring, and I worked with the ARTplorations Stencils Oh My Stars! and Bubbles.


For my first card I dry embossed the Oh My Stars! stencil using my Big Shot and a rubber embossing sheet, which you simply place on your stencil before adding the required plates (check your machine instructions as these vary depending on make) and putting it through your machine.I left the stencil in place and sponged More Mustard ink to highlight the stars even further. I then removed the stencil and did some more sponging before adding a die-cut frame (Tattered Lace), swirl, sunflower and sentiment (both from the Bloom Sketches set) and finishing off by adding a butterfly (Trendy Butterflies) and pearl.


For my next card I created a background using inks and crafting mat. First I swiped some Tempting Turquoise ink over my crafting mat, spritzed it with water and took a print by placing a piece of card on the inked & spritzed area and smoothing over it using my hands. After it had dried I repeated the process using Island Indigo ink. Depending on how wet you make the ink on the mat, you end up with a more or less splattered look. Mine wasn't very wet, this allowed for the swipe marks to add a different type of texture and interest. Once dry I rounded three corners, attached my Bubbles stencil and sponged some more Island Indigo all over keeping it darker towards the edges. Next I white embossed my sentiment from the Boxed Blooms set and added a die-cut border (Tattered Lace) before finishing off by adding some tiny stars and butterfly (Trendy Butterflies) with pearl.

SIX winners, that's two per day randomly drawn from all the comments left on our blogs, will receive their choice of ARTploration Stencil.

THREE winners, randomly drawn from comments left on the STAMPlorations Blog Blog Hop Posts, will receive a $15 gift certificate from the STAMPlorations Store.

plus surprise prizes

Commenting finishes 13th March and the winners will be announced 15th March. Good Luck!

Make sure you leave a comment when visiting our blogs, you can find all the links here.

Have fun hopping!
hugs
Monika xxx

Here is what I used:
preview-web-stencil-009-stars.jpeg preview-web-stencil-008-bubbles.jpeg stmp1061.jpeg stmp1053.jpeg stmp1082.jpeg

Tattered Lace dies by Stephanie Weightman
all inks mentioned from Stampin'Up!

31 comments:

  1. Wonderful stenciling! Cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card. The softness of the stenciling and then the sunflower and boarder die. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards and great use of the stencils! Looks like a lot of fun to make. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Really love the first one.....fun stars and beautiful flower...YUM! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous creations - both of them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to miss this hop! You've shown off some great creations! I love that sunflower one and the blue one is so splattery and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There has been so much inspiration on this hop, great ideas Monika.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would not have thought of my stencil to use for embossing ... what we all learn in this HOP ~~ magnificent
    thanks for this Idea
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are gorgeous! I love how you made these! You have some awesome stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards – lots of ideas and inspiration. TFS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely dimension on your stars card. Perfect to showcase that gorgeous sunflower.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright yellow on your fabulous background. So Summery! Thanks so much for sharing on this amazing Hop!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautifully done - love the sun flower against the gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Both are FAB! Like the colors and floating frame in the first one. LOVE the colors, that stencil and the butterfly that pops in the second!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two fabulous cards Monika, love your backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, lots of work! Totally paid off since both of these cards are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the subtle look you got on these two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are beautiful ! I love the sunflower paired with stars :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both cards. I love the soft star background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. 2 lovely cards, I like the simplicity of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sighhh...so very beautiful! Wow...inspiration galore from you these past three days! Thank you!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Monika for sharing both your beautiful and creative stenciled cards. Loved reading your detailed description too. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Two more lovely cards Monika, such a lot of wonderful stencil inspiration from the team

    ReplyDelete
  24. I absolutely love the first one. It is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty cards, Monika! The first one has so much interest - love the way you used the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So beautiful, and love the stencils you used.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the stars and flowers. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. Two gorgeous cards. Such pretty bg pieces.
    x Asha

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful use of the star stencil - thanks for the inspiration with these wonderful cards

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX