Sunday 8 March 2015

ARTplorations Stencils Blog Hop Day 1


Hi All! Welcome to the ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop!!!
This is where we, the STAMPloration Girls, put our ARTplorations Stencils through their paces. If you follow our Spotlight Features, you might have noticed that we have been using them a lot giving you in depth tutorials, and now we are back with loads more!!!

Today is Day 1, and I have gone a little bold and crazy as I got carried away experimenting ...


Well I do like using my alcohol markers over inked backgrounds for a floating and transparent look. You may remember I did play with this technique a while ago here and here for example. Any way I gave it a go using the ARTplorations Bold Florals Stencil and Tinge Alcohol Markers Sky Blue and Brilliant Blue. The background was one I made the other day when playing with my inks, you can find the explanation here plus some more stencil ideas ... but now back to today's HOP PROJECTS.
I simply used the Bold Florals stencil for the outline and then coloured with my markers, added a clear embossed sentiment from the Bloom Sketches set for the unexpected hidden message, layered on a pink base card and added some clear glitter to the center of my flower.


For my next card I used one of the backgrounds I created when I was playing with my Gelli Plate and some of my homemade scented embossing paste, you can find the tutorial for the paste and how I masked here, The background was created when I rolled the leftover paint off my roller. I did however smudge a little when I applied my paste hence I simply added a little stalk, brushstroke from the Celebrate Artsy set, which makes my smudges look like little leaves. :-) I added my sentiment from the Celebrate Artsy set, layered on my black base card and finished off by adding some champagne glass glitter to the center of my flower.


That's it from me for today, I shall be back again tomorrow with more stencil inspiration for Day 2 of our Blog Hop. Please leave a comment, and you'll be entered in our prize draw, the details of which are:

SIX winners, that's two per day randomly drawn from all the comments left on our blogs, will receive their choice of ARTploration Stencil.

THREE winners, randomly drawn from comments left on the STAMPlorations Blog Blog Hop Posts, will receive a $15 gift certificate from the STAMPlorations Store.

plus surprise prizes

Make sure you leave a comment when visiting our blogs, you can find all the links here.

Have fun hopping!
hugs
Monika xxx


here is what I used:

preview-web-stencil-002-bold-florals.jpeg stmp1061.jpeg stmp1060.jpeg

Tinge Alcohol Markers - The Works
Strawberry Slush card, Champagne Glass Glitter, Poppy Parade ink and ink refill, Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquoise and Island Indigo ink from Stampin'Up!

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful samples! I am new to stencils and I'm looking for inspiration on this hop. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are wonderful! I do like the 2nd one a lot~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, so artsy and colorful. Love that you showed the two different ways you can use the stencil in !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Messy Messy! Love love LOVE messy backgrounds! Beautiful cards!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great how they're both so different, but from the same stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fab ideas Monika, love the spritzed background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved loved the transparent look n fun bg !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Monica! lovely stenciling!
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that stencil. Both cards are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore the background on your first card and just had to go and find out how you created it. Thank you for sharing this technique. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how U use the bold flowers in any way ...
    maybe the next 2 days are full of surprises ???
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is only goodness at its finest! Love the splattery backgrounds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your first card looks like a flower in the summer night, love it and the second is so "rough" yet beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy sighs in seeing these beauties, Monika! Splatters are a bit out of my league (messy me), but I so delight in the magic you create with them!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two gorgeous cards - love these stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun technique! I love the light quality. So fun!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors, stamps and sprays! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are great ideas. I think I made stenciling harder in my mind than it is.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Two fabulous cards Monika, love that pretty background on the first. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is the stencil, I am working with nowadays, a lot, and I love it, so many ways to use it....your cards are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty splatter technique.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't you think experimenting is half (at least) of the fun in card making?!? Love your fun background for your stenciled flower.

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look like so much fun! The colors really make your pretty card pop out! Love these techniques using stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this stencil and your splatter technique card is awesome. I love the use of gelli plate. It looks like it always gives you great effects. Two gorgeous cards, really.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Both cards are stunning! I love the splatter effect on the first with the beautiful colors that you chose to use.
    I love molding paste so the second is right up my alley also. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. They are both so pretty - love the dreamy quality of your first card!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooh, I do like your bold and crazy. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  28. They're both fab, but for some reason I REALLY like the second one! Gotta go read how you did the embossing paste!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty. I love that flower against the blue/pink background. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is one lovely stencil Monika - your two cards show us great ideas to use it...lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  31. That bg is just stunning!
    hugs Asha

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun cards! thanks for sharing how you did your cards....will def give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Monika S...both are beautiful card but I love much the vibrant flower on the second card looks adorable with that color...love it..hugs.Monika R.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX