Friday 2 January 2015

January Challenge at STAMPlorations

Happy New Year, Everybody!!!
Hope you all a great festive season. It's my first post for 2015, and what better way to kick my blogging year off than showcasing a couple of DT projects I made for STAMPlorations' January Stamps & Ink challenge.
My first card uses their Distressed Damask Background and SAB Dare.
In brief, I created the scalloped pattern on my background stamp by inking it up with my Rich Cocoa Memento dewdrop ink pad and some masking which left me with a stamped scalloped pattern. I did this after I attached my die cut flower and blended some ink (Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay) over and around it. To finish I added my sentiment, a piece of ribbon and gem.
I took inspiration for my layout from the current challenge over at CAS(e) this Sketch and I would like to enter my card there. As you can see I had a little play with it and swapped a couple of elements.

For my next card I went all out inky creating a little scene and framing it using Trendy Leaves combined with the Distressed Floral Swirls and a sentiment from the TYPOGRAPHIA: Encouragement set.
There is also a craft-along video for this one hence I won't go into too much detail. I blended some inks, one of my favourite techniques, to crate a landscape background. I then stamped some swirls around the bottom edge and some leaves around the top using generational stamping and Versafine inks. I them embossed my sentiment and added some highlights using alcohol markers before adding a few birds and golden metal embellishments.
I would like to enter my card at CCEE Stampers where you are required to make a card with one or more birds. Mine has some tiny ones flying into the sun, hope that this will qualify.
This is my contribution for the Stamps & Ink challenge at STAMPlorations, head over to their blog to see the fabulous projects my Teamies prepared for your inspiration. This is also where we're welcoming Tenia Nelson from Jazzy Paper Designs as our guest designer for the month. The challenge will end 31st January and the winner will be announced on February 5th.
As always there is a great prize package awaiting the winner which includes a Guest Designer Spot in March. It could be you, pop over to the STAMPlorations Blog to check out the details and enter your creation.


This is it from me for today. If you like my creations, why not join and follow my site either through Friend Connect or Google+. Back soon with more projects ....
Have a lovely day!
hugs
Monika xxx

here are the sets I used:
stmp1002-a.jpegstmp1048.jpeg
stmp1005-a.jpegstmp1081.jpegstmp1080.jpeg
Inks from Stampin'Up! I used: Straw berry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi
Versafine Inks: Spanish Moss, Olympia Green, Crimson Red, Imperial Purple, Onyx Black
Die cut flower - eclips shape by Sizzix
ribbon - Stampin'Up!
Gems, Memento inks, black fine liner pen and Tinge alcohol markers

10 comments:

  1. Awesome cards - love the first one with the corner clustering

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the first card - I love how the stem of the flower looks like a treble clef - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second card is just fabulous - I love how you incorporated all those stamps - especially the swirls! Absolutely awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely design, I really love the way you blended the stamps for the borders...I just posted something on stamping the borders, where I reuse a scrap paper over and over. I find it useful especially stamping directly on card base. You may wish to check it out. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card first. This delicate, wonderfully shaded ink. great,
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your design on that second card, Monika. All the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Monika, your cards are so beautiful! The simplicity of the first is striking; the framing and scene of the second, a work of art! Truly in awe! I'm saving your video for tomorrow...something to keep my spirits lifted!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards! I especially like your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by. Your comments are very much appreciated. Have a lovely day! Hugs XXX